Due to the coronavirus restrictions, all meetings have been cancelled until further notice. Take care of yourself and family.
Here are some images from Pierce Co's National Trails Day work party @ Sahara Creek Campground in Elbe State Forest. We had about 15 volunteers. We replaced and reset posts, weed-eated brush, trimmed trees, re-stained picnic tables, sawed up fallen trees, used tractors to fill holes and level the driveways and re-conned for future work.
Check out the fun times coming up at the Buckeroo Ball!
Call Barb Downing for the latest information about the Buckeroo Ball!
Register now for the our Prize Rideride in July. We should have images from the Burke Lake Ride up fairly soon.
Check out our full poster for our chapter's number one fundraiser. - Share with your friends and join us!
Proceeds benefit PCC maintenance of public lands in Washington State. We promise tons of fun and loads of work . . . did we mention fun? Contact: Lead Trail Scout Sam Nohra for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org - 253-691-8185 - Mobile - 360-458-4631 - Home
Here's an article from The Suburban Times about our efforts restoring the Gateway Bridge: Keeping the Trails Open to God's Country - Thanks to everyone who participated with work, money, and ideas. Enjoy!
Check out our project for the Upper Elk Spur trail in Elbe State Forest.
We are networked with Back Country Horsemen of Washington. (BCHW), in 25 other states. Come join us for good friendship, good information, volunteer opportunities, and the chance to make a difference!
BCHW Mission Statement
BCHW is affiliated with the Back Country Horsemen of America and therefore adopts the BCHA mission statement as follows:
THE MISSION OF THIS ORGANIZATION SHALL BE:
1. To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America's back country and wilderness.
2. To work to insure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
3. To assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource.
4. To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
5. To foster and encourage the formation of new chapters in the state organization.
Businesses that support the mission of the Pierce County Chapter of Backcountry Horsemen of Washington.
Thank you to our sponsors who have helped with the Prize Ride and have provided on-going support to our chapter: